• Two videos and six stories were added to the Multimedia page on January 6, 2009.
• Nine stories and four videos were added to the Multimedia page on December 16.
• A video was added to the Multimedia page on October 27.
• Five articles were added to the Multimedia page on October 27.
• The calendar was updated on May 29. 24 articles and 6 videos were added to the Multimedia page.
• A video report was added to the Multimedia page on Apr. 25.
Source: The Greeneville Sun
The 200th birthday anniversary of President Andrew Johnson, the nation's 17th president, will be on Monday, Dec. 29.
The Andrew Johnson National Historic Site will mark that day with a number of special events.
National Park Service Superintendent Lizzie Watts has announced there will be a day-long celebration with cake, entertainment, the annual presidential wreath-laying, 1,500 luminaries, and fireworks.
The schedule on Dec. 29 will be:
* 4 to 6 p.m -- at Towne Square Shopping Center, celebration with cake and refreshments, music, and postal cachet cancellations.
* 5:30 p.m. -- Greene Coach begins transportation from Towne Square to the Andrew Johnson National Cemetery.
* 6:30 p.m. -- Luminaries light the National Cemetery as a ceremonial wreath is laid on the l7th President's grave.
* 7 p.m.. -- A fireworks wisplay over Andrew Johnson National Cemetery provides a grand finale for the events. For those not attending the ceremony who wish to see the fireworks, parking is available at the Crescent Building and West Greene Shopping Center.
* 7:30 p.m.. -- Greene Coach will provide transportation back to Towne Square from the National Cemetery.
* 8 to 9 p.m. -- The National Cemetery opens to vehicle traffic with views of 1500 luminaries.
For more information, please call the Andrew Johnson National Historic Site at 636-3711.